Realtor Exclusives with James Kate Roofing & Solar
Roof Refresh Package
Get Your Listing Ready for Sale
Use our roof refresh package to make sure the listing on your property is show-ready. The package price is fully refundable if James Kate Roofing & Solar is chosen to completely replace that roof in the future. Realtor price $285 ($1,200 retail value!).
- Full Roof Inspection: Full roof inspection at the time of listing so there are no surprises during the buyer's inspection.
- Shingle Replacement: Replace up to 25 missing or damaged shingles.
- Accessory Painting: Repaint all faded pipes and previously painted ventilation.
- Caulking: Recaulk all dried out or damaged caulking and all exposed nail heads.
Is the installer's experience and training an important factor on my roof?It is realistic to anticipate that a roof will last for at least forty years with good care. However, depending on the knowledge and expertise of the installer who applies the material, the long-term performance of your roof repair will vary substantially.
What should I do if my roof is leaking?
To prevent further harm to your property, take immediate action if you suspect your roof leaks. Among the steps you can do are:
- Find the leak’s source by looking for water damage signs like stains on the walls, ceiling, or moisture in the attic.
- Temporary repair: You can use roofing cement or a roof patch to create a quick repair if you can safely access the area where the leak originates.
- Professional repairs: It is preferable to engage a qualified roofing contractor to complete the required repairs if the leak is significant or you cannot safely access the area. They’ll be equipped with the skills and tools to accurately identify and solve the issue.
Can solar panels be installed on any type of roof?
Solar panels can be installed on various roof types, including asphalt shingle, tile, metal, and flat roofs. However, some roofs may be more suitable for solar panels than others. Factors to consider are:
- The orientation of the roof (ideally, it should face south).
- The roof’s slope (15-30 degrees) is ideal.
- The amount of shade the roof receives (less shade is better).