Elastomeric Roof Coatings in Mansfield, TX
What Is Elastomeric Coating?
Elastomeric coatings offer effective and affordable solutions for fixing roof leaks.
The coatings can be used to repair most roof leaks. The elastomeric roof coatings can be used throughout the year because they stretch and contract easily to adjust to winter and summer temperatures.
It is usually made using polymeric products such as acrylic alongside white pigments like titanium dioxide. This helps create a reflexive final product.
Uses for Elastomeric Coating
Elastomeric roof coating can be used to fix almost all types of roofs. Examples of common roof types that will work well with elastomeric coating include; wood, polyurethane foam, single-ply roofing, modified bitumen, metal roofs, concrete and built-up roofing. If you aren’t sure your roof type will work well elastomeric coatings, do not hesitate to contact us. Our experts are always willing to help.
Benefits of Elastomeric Coating
- Versatility - These coatings can work with almost any roof type.
- Energy savings - Elastomeric coatings made from silicone can reflect heat and reduce the amount of heat that enters your home. This can help you save on your energy costs and prevent your air conditioning from working too hard.
- Better insulation - Elastomeric coatings can offer better insulation than traditional roofing materials. This means that your home will be warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Extended roof life - Another advantage is they are long-lasting. Elastomeric coatings can extend the life of your roof by protecting it from the elements. It can also prevent leaks and ice dams that can shorten the life of your roof.
- A cooler home - The heat reflexive properties also offer great benefits. Elastomeric coatings can reflect up to 85% of the sun's heat, keeping your home cooler. This can prevent your air conditioning from working too hard and can save you money on your energy bills. The heat reflexive properties also offer anti-aging properties when coatings reflect harsh sun rays which age roofs with time.
- A warmer home - In the winter, elastomeric coatings can reflect up to 75% of the sun's heat, keeping your home warmer. This can prevent your heating system from working too hard and can save you money on your energy bills.
- Prevent leaks - Elastomeric coatings can prevent leaks and ice dams. Ice dams occur when the temperature on your roof is below freezing but the temperature around your roof is above freezing. This causes water to form on the top of your roof, which can then leak into your home.
- Prevent mold and mildew - The coatings are resistant to fungi and mildew among other common materials that damage roofs with time. This can save you the time and expense of having to clean your roof regularly.
- Seamless and uniform - Another advantage of the coatings is that they are seamless, providing a neat uniform coating. Elastomeric coatings offer individual benefits to certain roof types. For instance, polyurethane foam roofing benefits greatly from the coatings by getting great ozone and UV light protection.
Elastomeric coating is also simple to use, VOC compliant and nontoxic. Elastomeric coatings are one of the best options for extending the life of your roof and protecting your home from the elements. If you're looking for a cost-effective way to keep your roof in good condition, this type of coating is a great option.
What Are the Different Types of Elastomeric Coatings?
There are several different types of elastomeric coatings. Each one offers different benefits and is made from different materials. Our professional roofers in Mansfield, TX can help you determine which type of coating is right for your home.
The different types of elastomeric coatings include:
At James Kate Roofing, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our customers have to say about working with us.
Courteous, prompt and most of all patient during the nearly 2 months for insurance processing.- Nic L.
I thought for sure Daniel was going to charge me something instead he said no charge.- Thomas L.
Far superior to any other company we encountered in regards to pricing, quality, and customer service. We're extremely happy with our new roof.- Dan S.
From start to finish, it was an upscale production! Thanks again for a super experience!- Dallas W.
I Appreciate great work and I’m truly thankful for a job well done!- Michael E.