Just like any other roofing solution, flat roofs are also subject to their fair share of problems, issues and hazards.
In fact, if your building or home has a flat roof, you are more likely to experience leakage from the roof. This is because flat roofs are more prone to leakage – the water on their surface doesn’t have anywhere to run off quickly.
Despite this apparent problem, many still opt for flat roofs for commercial and increasingly for residential purposes, because:
- They keep interiors warmer by absorbing sunlight better than slated roofs.
- They are perfect for business and homes that want to install solar panel.
- They are usually the most cost-effective option.
- They can be installed faster than other traditional roofs.
- They are easily accessible, allowing for better maintenance and inspections.
The keys to ensuring the longevity and integrity of your flat roof are a better understanding of its maintenance needs and getting it installed by experts in the first place.
Learn more about your current roof substrate and figure out exactly what your roofing needs are.
Common Flat Roof Replacement Problems
Sometimes however, the problems exacerbate to the extent that complete roof replacement is mandated. Here are some widespread issues that can plague commercial flat roofing and require complete re-roofing:
- Cumulative weathering caused by the storm damage, ice dams and clogged gutters.
- Accelerated aging a.k.a. blistering is when the membrane bubbles up and clearly indicated a complete a roof replacement.
- Ponding water is a major issue for single ply membranes that can quickly buckle under the weight of water and start leaking below.
- Chronic roof leaks are usually a result of lack of regular roof inspection and maintenance.
If your flat roofing is experiencing any of the above problems or if you see any other unusual occurrences, it’s time to call us!
Flat Roof Replacement Options
Owners of properties with flat roofs have one common mantra, ‘out of sight, out of mind’! And it comes back to haunt them when it’s time to hunt for a competent, affordable roof replacement service. Here at James Kate Roofing, we offer all the help and guidance you’ll ever need to make a flat roof replacement decision. Options available with us include:
- Tar and gravel
- Modified bitumen
- TPO roofing systems
- Elastomeric coating
Learn more about our commercial flat roofing solutions here, or call us today at (972) 895-7997 to schedule a consultation and get a free cost estimate for our roof replacement services.